Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WE ARE FAMOUS

Once again, seems like I'm lost in Translation...  :mellow: ...Award to whom?

" with something with more cajones. "

no será "cojones"? LOL

most of people came here looking for some life to their old subarus and all of them just get here...

personally i found this site thanks to you and suberdave....

• Like 1

on the "beater" subject.  About a year ago, just after I had started my new job in Tillamook, OR.  I got pulled over by a police officer as I had just left my workplace.  I'm sure he had never seen my '85 GL Wagon in town with primer spots all over it(hey... I'm ready to paint).

He comes to my window and asks "do you know why I pulled you over?"   I quickly responded... "because I'm driving a beater!".

I'm sure this caught him offguard, because I saw him smile.   Maybe he thought I had a case of 'racial profiling'... Ha!

He let me go with a warning... I was not wearing my seatbelt.

Next time you get pulled over in your 'classic' Subaru.... you're welcome to use my line.   

About this:

..."do you know why I pulled you over?"   I quickly responded... "because I'm driving a beater!"....  

I've been pulled by Police officers a couple of times, because they wanna ask me: "How the Hell you fitted Those Nice Rims on that Old Subie" ...  :D ... They had Old subies at home.

I Tend to Drive like a Grandma, Mainly because two Reasons: First, People at my Caribbean Country tend to drive very Bad, so Going Slow helps me to Avoid a Hit; and second, I usually drive my Baby Daughter to her Kindergarden and Back... 

One interesting situation I've not shared with you yet, is that almost all the Kids on my Daughter's Kindergarden, believes that my Subaru "BumbleBeast" is a Transformer ...  :) ...

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

... a Beater? ... I believe that Those Good Ol' GL's aren't Beaters if they're properly maintained and / or Modified. 

Just for future reference, we do not call them beaters. The proper term is "classic".  ;)

So, I Agree with Mr_Loyale.

Except when the poor old car is in So Bad Shape...  and still moves: it could be considered as "Beater" then.  :D

Kind Regards.

We are all the same crowd. I had my spotlight on jalopnik during the BA/BE rally at No Problems raceway park for a 24hrs of Lemons Vs BA/BE drag races.

http://jalopnik.com/5290384/break-out-the-calendars-lemons-versus-babe-rally-cars-at-the-dragstrip

Props to jes-zek for the exclusive spotlight

Edited by MilesFox
  • Like 1

... a Beater? ... I believe that Those Good Ol' GL's aren't Beaters if they're properly maintained and / or Modified. 

So, I Agree with Mr_Loyale.

Except when the poor old car is in So Bad Shape...  and still moves: it could be considered as "Beater" then.   :D

Kind Regards.

There are no beaters. Just poorly maintained classics. :)

• Like 2

Ooh! ...  :lol: ... I Missed that one!

Well, No, it doesn't "Self-Transform" so it is Not a Transformer ...  ^_^ ... but it has been Somehow "Transformed" -by my many Mods- onto a More Capable Vehicle. 

in my Own Humble Opinion at least...  

Kind Regards.  :burnout:

It doesn't transform - that you know of. When you are sound asleep at night, do you really know what your car is doing? I saw the movie. I know they don't transform until after you are asleep. Yours is probably out at night beating up a Honda to steal those strut assemblies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JesZek is being modest. His car is definitely a Transformer. He just doesn't want anybody to know. =P

It doesn't transform - that you know of. When you are sound asleep at night, do you really know what your car is doing? I saw the movie. I know they don't transform until after you are asleep. Yours is probably out at night beating up a Honda to steal those strut assemblies.

Ha, Ha! ...  :D ... So I Better Watch out for my Subie during late night hours... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've realized that my Dead 2.7 Wagon project (More info: ~► Here)

gains more attention than my Runnin' "BumbleBeast:P 

At SOA Magazine:

418035_447443338635033_250340783_n.jpg

At SOA's Facebook Cover:

JesZeKonSOA.jpg

And Jalopnik:

JalopnikMagazine.jpg

Someone Reposted this, ~► Here

All those were Unexpected Honor, which I'm more than Thankful!

Kind Regards.

• Like 2