Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stereo Fuse Question - 1989 Wagon

Someone stole the stereo out of my 1989 GL wagon before I owned it. I started stripping wires the other day in an attempt to get a new deck in but since the jerks that took it cut the wires so far inside the dash, I had trouble stripping the hot wire and touched the bezel and it sparked. I didn't know I had a blown fuse until I got pulled over on the way to work the next morning saying I had no taillights (also had noticed my dash lights were out on the dark morning).

Anyway I replaced the fuse and all my lights are working again but I can't get power to the switched 12v or constant 12v. Is there another fuse or relay that may have popped when it sparked? Even with the new fuse there is no power to either.

Thanks! -David

Check power to the green wire. this should be your constant 12 v. it should be a single strand of wire with a single terminal coming from the harness by itself. Of course you are missing the terminal. the red and black wire and the other red wire are for the ilumination. This is what would have shorted out and blew the taillight fuse.

are you having trouble with knowing what wire is waht, or no power to your specified wire?