Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tahuya

mudER wagon

So I just got my rig and I hear this place is a good spot for new guys, anyone ever go? Anyone feel like going with me? I'm wondering if a stock rig will make it through or if I'm going to need a lift and tires first? Info would be great if anyone wants to go that would be awesome, a chance to get some of us together that are down this way.

-kelson

yeah you should be fine. Tahuya is a pretty easy loop. I've been there a few times. My only advice for a stock rig is to not drive through mud lake lol. the benefits vs the risks don't add up. I'd be interested in heading out there some time when I get my lift all done.

Me, personally. Would not take a stock rig through there. You will BEAT that thing up If it's stock and on 13" tires. Especially the trails that i was taken on up there, now there could be smoother, easier ones that i didnt go on. I went there with a 2" lift and some 215s and rubbed like a son of a b**** ... The only reason why I wouldn't go there stock is because one, it's not gonna be that fun. You're gonna have a hard time crawling over stumps & rocks because you have no clearance nor any traction .. Two, you're in a stock rig, with stock tires and there just isn't any actual "wheeling" involved with a stock rig ..

Not trying to dog on your wheeling trip or bring ya down but that's just my two cents . Ill have my new wagon back on the ground by tomorrow, hopefully. I've got a 6" on mine so if you guys wanna go play I'd be willing to tag along so no one gets stuck .

Me, personally. Would not take a stock rig through there. You will BEAT that thing up If it's stock and on 13" tires. Especially the trails that i was taken on up there, now there could be smoother, easier ones that i didnt go on. I went there with a 2" lift and some 215s and rubbed like a son of a b**** ... The only reason why I wouldn't go there stock is because one, it's not gonna be that fun. You're gonna have a hard time crawling over stumps & rocks because you have no clearance nor any traction .. Two, you're in a stock rig, with stock tires and there just isn't any actual "wheeling" involved with a stock rig ..

Not trying to dog on your wheeling trip or bring ya down but that's just my two cents . Ill have my new wagon back on the ground by tomorrow, hopefully. I've got a 6" on mine so if you guys wanna go play I'd be willing to tag along so no one gets stuck .

Good to know, if I have to drive around stuff I will hopefully I will be ordering a lift from bill this week, and with any luck I'll be able to find some wheels and tires on the cheap, I'm thinking next sunday on the 10th would probably allow me time to get put together, especially if I could get some extra help haha, also if anyone is up to it I figured we could all meet in the sears parking lot of the Tacoma mall on that day so we could all ride up there together. Anyone who is interested go ahead and shoot me a text or pm or a call

253-442-0127

- kelson

just buy some forester struts from the pick and pull and get an easy 2-3" and some peace of mind! I went there with forester xt struts and 27" tires so I was about 4.5" over stock and I didn't get stuck, that was in the summertime though.. I bet its pretty slick back there now.

Edited by wagonryan

just buy some forester struts from the pick and pull and get an easy 2-3" and some peace of mind! I went there with forester xt struts and 27" tires so I was about 4.5" over stock and I didn't get stuck, that was in the summertime though.. I bet its pretty slick back there now.

He has an EA82 not a new gen

Yeah I've been looking through both, just haven't found the right deal BUT markjw has got me hooked up so we should be good still for those of you who plan to go, meet me at the sears parking lot of the Tacoma mall on Sunday the 17th @ 9am WE ARE DOING THIS!