Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1978 Brat

SubiBratz

I bought this well over a year or two ago and decided to do a major swap#hybrid. The body and paint was done by me (learning project) Lol

All in all the car is one of the funniest out of the fleet to drive and definitely grown soft for the gen 1's.

8537395746_449106fe80_q.jpg

8537395708_4cced7d6cc.jpg

8537395658_0e88e0599f.jpg

8537395640_5eb4b10ffc.jpg

8537395674_dcbb346fc4.jpg

Edited by SubiBratz
  • Like 1

Hi: In Australia we call these a brumby (which is a wild horse) These Gen 1's are seldom seen these days and the Gen 2 is highly prized and even high mileage examples bring big $. Worst thing Subaru ever did was to take them off the market

• Like 1

K, so I see Forester 5x100 Steelies but nothing more explaining th e"hybrid" swap.  I am assuming a Legacy swap of some sort?  Do you have any more info and or a build thread?

Good eye on the wheels, I have a build thread on this site in the retro-fit I think. Just a little sleeper..

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, I remember now.  Can't believe I didn't correlate them together, lol.  I called shenanigans on the speed of the build, lol.  That was cause I wanted more info and pics.

Well done indeed.

Edited by O.C.D.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know me Kevin, I like to keep it looking like it was when it hit the shore from Japan! I might have to buy an extra one to test the quality, my workmanship and the color.  Mine has remnants of blue, but it looks a little more "royal" than this one. I'm not sure if it was already painted or repainted or what. Who knows more about this little tidbit of information? 

• 1 month later...