Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, just joined. I have a 97 legacy outback limited. Just replaced the O2 sensor and the Knock sensor per codes that came up on the diagnostic check. Check engine light stayed off for about 2-3 weeks and came back on a couple of days ago. Ran another code check and the only one that came up was P0141 which I just fixed. Wondering if it could be the new one or maybe one of the other O2 sensors? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Have you noticed any driveability problems? Has your gas mileage gone down? How many miles on the car? 2.2 or 2.5? The more info the better. If the car has high mileage like 300k or more it could be the cat but, there should be a way to test that. I would rule everything else out before replacing the cat.

Wires and the connector look fine. Outback Limited 2.5, 193047 miles on it. Do you know of a way to test the 02 sensor or the catalytic converter? I don't want to start replacing things unless I know that it is the problem.

The only test I know of is for a blocked cat that is causing problems, but It wouldn't work for your situation. I think there is a way to test the sensor with a multi meter but, don't quote me on that :grin: if you know somebody that has a obd scanner that can read live data that could tell you a lot. You can also get an OBDII scanner through harbor freight that can read live o2 sensor data for right around $120