Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RIP 3door, I'll miss you...

Thanks for the support guys, Im going to see about reclipping the front end if its at all possible.The passenger door doesn't quite open or shut correctly and there are some wrinkles you can't seen the pictures.. so I am afraid the unibody is a little bit tweaked. I'm pretty sore right now, so I have not had a chance to go out and look at it. I had 2 LSD's in a tuffbox stored in the back, and they broke the box and hit me in the back during the impact.. A lot more sore than I thought I would be.

Its going to hurt more when they offer me $800 to total it, I've spent hundreds of hours wrenching on this car. :(

I had 2 LSD's in a tuffbox stored in the back, and they broke the box

and hit me in the back during the impact.. A lot more sore than I

thought I would be.

Eek. Fortunately didn't hit you in the head! :o

Hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later. Just out of curiosity, was it still running after the impact? Does it start/drive in it's condition?

• Like 1

I feel your pain man. Literally somewhat.

Don't let them lowball you.

You've got a 5 lug swap, that in itself is worth more than an $800 lowball.

Fight them tooth and nail for medical and vehicle reimbursement.

I'm going through that on my BRAT and you have to make them pay.

Talk to a lawyer; figure out all your options after you get a once over from a doc.

Don't back down.

You'll regret it later if you do.

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
  • Like 1

Glad to know you're OK; as much as we love our cars, they're only things in the final analysis. Once all the panels are off, you'll be able to see what's what. But I tend to agree with others here that it doesn't look too bad though the passenger side looks as if the crumple zones have crumpled - the currugated horizontal beam underneath the top of the front wing - sorry, fender - . But judicious use of a hydraulic puller might un-crumple it.

Edited by NickNakorn
  • Like 1

Eek. Fortunately didn't hit you in the head! :o

Hope you're feeling better sooner rather than later. Just out of curiosity, was it still running after the impact? Does it start/drive in it's condition?

No doubt, I will never again leave such heavy parts unsecured in the back of my vehicles. Motor turns over but the radiator/support took out the timing belt.

I feel your pain man. Literally somewhat.

Don't let them lowball you.

You've got a 5 lug swap, that in itself is worth more than an $800 lowball.

Fight them tooth and nail for medical and vehicle reimbursement.

I'm going through that on my BRAT and you have to make them pay.

Talk to a lawyer; figure out all your options after you get a once over from a doc.

Don't back down.

You'll regret it later if you do.

Twitch

I went to the ER today, I have 1 compressed disc in the middle of my back and strained neck/back muscles. The doc said I should follow up with an ortho. Definitely going to fight them if they lowball. Thanks for the input. No matter what I am getting my parts off the car, fivelug, suspension and drivetrain bits. :)

Glad to know you're OK; as much as we love our cars, they're only things in the final analysis. Once all the panels are off, you'll be able to see what's what. But I tend to agree with others here that it doesn't look too bad though the passenger side looks as if the crumple zones have crumpled - the currugated horizontal beam underneath the top of the front wing - sorry, fender - . But judicious use of a hydraulic puller might un-crumple it.

Thanks man, but it really is easy to get attached to these little suckers.

The crumple zones definitely worked as intended lol.. everything up front is tweaked to the right. Looks like my extra heavy duty strut tower brace probably kept the towers square. I have some rally friends that should be able to help with getting the frame straight, should I need to go that route. The bummer is right now I have a broken wrx in my single car garage, so I have 2 cars out of commission now. They meter maids are pretty crazy here about moving cars too.

Just noticed this on CL, tho they might be asking a little too much but it looks clean:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3662104867.html

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your back - I has a disc 'pop' in my neck once - most painful bloody experience - but a few days in a support collar and some heavy duty relaxants sorted it out. For a back disc problem I think you have to wear some kind of corset to keep it steady for a while. Anyway, let's hope there's no serious harm done.

Know how you feel about single garage; me tpo. Parking fines here are a (bad) joke and the trafic wardens must be on some kind of bonus scheme.

Sorry about your ride.   I believe the sticky post on page 1 was intended for situations such as yours... if the insurance co tries to lowball you.  I would try to make them pay for the damage... ie... write you a check for the damages.     If they 'total' the vehicle, they will probably want to take possession of it.

Get all your receipts in order.  Tally up the costs of the upgrades/repairs you have done.   Stand firm.

Honda's SUCK !!!

Yep, i'm doing everything I can to make sure they pay for everything.

I got news from the Orthopedic Dr yesterday, I have an acute compression fracture in my L2 vertabrae.. so on top of everything I broke my back and I'll be in this brace for a min of 3 months.

Probably going to pay a friend in beer to help me strip the loyale, not sure how much I can get done solo now. And btw the strut towers are straight but the frame rails at tweaked.. so I am definitely looking for another coupe or sedan ea82.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Take it easy and let the bones heal 1st, then you can do the strip down of the car. Trust me, you don't want to do anything that causes further damage, BTDT.. Ain't fun.

Probaly be a bit before things are all settled with it anyways, so don't start tearing into it just yet. Take the time to heal.

Yep, i'm doing everything I can to make sure they pay for everything.

I got news from the Orthopedic Dr yesterday, I have an acute compression fracture in my L2 vertabrae.. so on top of everything I broke my back and I'll be in this brace for a min of 3 months.

Probably going to pay a friend in beer to help me strip the loyale, not sure how much I can get done solo now. And btw the strut towers are straight but the frame rails at tweaked.. so I am definitely looking for another coupe or sedan ea82.

Glad Your Fairly OK,That Sucks about the Bubble Back It looks Pretty nice!! Get it home or somewhere you can keep it so it doesn"t get raped at the impound and the insurance comp.tries keepin it for the BS Fees!! DO NOT SIGN Anything from either of them!! And Scrape-Scrounge any reciept from friends shop any work paper you can get on parts and all that stuff!! They don"t care if you spent 12hr.days the last 2yrs.working on it-you won"t get paid unless you have paper trail to prove it...I spent 3yrs. restoring my trk.65 GMC-I did All the work-NADA,But I had Every Reciept for Every single Part-Kept my Trk.9 mths.Later I got $13k from them...Sorry Ba#&$^%**!! Worse than a Pawn shop!!!

i have the whole front section of a ea82 wagon the strut towers forward is in great shape starts geting rusty by the dash area but might have some use to you if you deside to fix her its off to be recycled later this week so if you want it let me know in only 20 min from sf

Just an update:

Adjuster offered me ~3k for my car, after some negotiations. This plus loss of use and repayment for missed work seems fair and enough for me to find another ride.

Started physical therapy, man ive never had a 90 lbs lady put the hurt on me so much before. Feeling a lot better tho, pain is manageable. I won't see a medical settlement for months.

After looking at my car more, it is just not worth it to try and reclip it. I found an 88 RX with a blown headgasket (might be rad/tstat not sure yet), body is in great shape. Planning to check it out early next week..

I also found an ez30 phase 2 for $500 with ecu and harness. I might just buy both and swap it asap. I was already in the process of putting an OBX front LSD into a DR gearbox, not sure how that would hold up to the ez30 tho. I have a 07 wrx transmission that could be used also (3.7 final drive would work with my clsd rears). I actually prefer open center+LSD front and back, cuz I've blown a couple vlsd centers but if it can't be done I could live with it.

Was tempted to just buy my gf another car and take her 94 Impreza.. But I still have love for the ea82's and I have so many spare parts its ridiculous.

$3,000 would be one heck of a good settlement offer here. I'd take the money, buy the car back, and keep it for usable good parts.

Here's to a speedy recovery from the back injury. Just don't rush it. Made that mistake myself, paid for it later....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I always thought florida had the worst drivers.. But nope its definitely california.

I pulled the trigger on the RX, I'm going to clean out my garage and spend a couple months building it properly.

Ya, SF can be rough. Sorry to see your crash. GL with the new RX.