Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hope someone can help me with this problems :)

Today my car started to vibrate alot after driving for about 15 minuts,(to work).

The same happend on the way back, after 15 minuts it startet to vibrate again.

At the same time it seemst like the turbo went crazy, it is allmoust like its no midle thing on the throttle, either full throttle or just low speed.

A few times befor, when i start the car in the morning the check enginge light has turned on, but then dissapeared again after a minute or so.  But when the light is on it cutts the turbo, the turbo only charges up a litle, then blows it all out.

Does enybody have experiense with the same problem, and could it be a connection between thees two? Couldent find any topic about this in Norway so hope some one could help me here :)

im glad for all answers (if you understand my english) :D

Even with the check engine light (MIL)  off, the system likely has codes (DTCs) stored. A mechanic or, use of a scanner (I assume your Euro model 2000 is OBDII protocol?) would be needed to retrieve a stored code. If possible, post the code here.

Is the vibration felt in the steering wheel or in the engine? That is, could the vibration be tire or suspension related?

In general, it seems you have a problem serious enough that the car has put itself into 'limp' mode but, I am unsure.

A mechanic may be needed. If you are going to attempt any further diagnosis yourself, start by trying to scan for stored DTCs.

My first thughts was the wheels as wel, but since the vibration dont start untill iwe been driving for 15 minutes (at the same speed) i thought maybe it could be something else.

Its my first subaru and i only had it for a few moths so i dont know it that well.

Im gonna call the workshop tomorrow and have them to take a look.

I felt the vibration in the stearing wheel but it allso felt like the car was vibrating, it was so intence i hat to pull off the road.

But after stopping for a few seconds i could drive again without the vibration.

its ice and snow here now so tight circles is a litle difficult :) but i was out driving for a short distance now, and now it didnt vibrate.

So it seems to accure if i drive for a while. Its the same vibration when i drive straight forward as when i turn.

Im gonna have a mechanic have a look at it, but i dont think its the wheels.

I find it strange that the turbo, vibration and the smell problems came at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

The vibration was brake calipper that was stuck, so that had to be changed.

And the only thing they could find from the check engine light was the knocking sensor had turned on once.

Other than that it has been mice in my engine, chewing on my cables :P

its the first time i`we ever heard that :P