Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subarus were meant to do that.

There is always that debate on weather subaru's were actually supposed to do what we put them through offroading. The owners manual states that the cars are "all road" not all terrain.However, The BRAT changed that because subaru named it Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter.The brat is fundamentally identical to the wagon of the time so that means that the brat and wagon are all terrain vehicles.Then every other 4wd EA81 shares the same suspension parts, so therefor every 4wd EA81 vehicle is an all terrain vehicle.Thus they ARE meant to go offroad.I'm sure most you know this already,but it means just having your subaru offroad is doing what it was intended to do,so its happy.Even if offroading does slowly kill the car.

Ea82 suspension is more or less an evolution of EA81 suspension, so EA82 vehicles are also all terrain vehicles. EJ suspension however, is fundamentally different to EA suspension so EJ vehicles arn't technically all terrain vehicles.They are "all road" vehicles and they do well at that, IE rallying.

Discuss. :)

• Like 1

Misfit I agree...my first ALL/Off Road car was a 64 vw beetle with a 1500 and a weber and I used to 4x that thing going camping AND Then came The 78 SUBIE 4x WGN. And I"VE Never Looked Back :headbang:!!! That was in "82" :drunk: And instead of Flogging Molly I"M Still Flogging SUBIE"s   :grin:  :headbang: And Uberoo If you rent a car make sure you get the FULL Cov.Insurance-you never know if you"ll hit a :banghead: Lol