Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTN: Skip: High performance Brake Parts for us 80's SUBARUs

Guest wjmgl10

Guest wjmgl10

www.ricambisport.com/

I think the XT, XT6 selection is for XT6 only, the XT is supposed to be the same as any other EA82 car, but all the part numbers are different vs Loyale.

A shame there are no EBC pads avalible that I can find.

Guest UltimateRX

Although the XT6 has slightly different front calipers, the rears are exactly the same as rear discs on any EA82 series. Actually I only think the rotor is bigger on the XT6, I think the calipers are the same in front too, so the brake pads would work on any EA82 disc brake car.

Guest UltimateRX

Well, I'm going to assume that you meant EA82 cars, and the answer is yes up front, but no in the rear. Models like the DL had drums in back, that is why I said that the pads would work on all EA82 disc brake cars. So the front pad should work on your car, but you'll have to convert to rear disc to get these pads to work there. By the way, the conversion is a simple bolt over exchange.

Guest wjmgl10

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I have only one thing to say on brakes: talk to Skip. Tell him I said so.

Skip? What do you have to say?

Guest subarurx

the legacy version of the EBC brake pads fits the Leone caliper with no problems, I have EBC Red Stuff in my rally RX Turbo, and they seem to be working a treat. make sure you take in your old bads and match the back plates, they are a little different. I beleive there are too sorts, one won't fit, and looks a little different, and the other is nearly a perfect match.

cheers

simon

Guest Chairotsu

:D

Growing up in the 80s, the group of friends I had in highschool had a bunch of hot rods. 3 mustangs, 2 camaros, a vega, and a ford truck. They ALL had crappy brakes.

We got to believing that

"Brakes are for amateurs." Or at least that's <em>still</em> what I tell Ken every time he gives me a set of rear discs for whatever car I'm currently driving. :rollin:

(still got the set he gave me last time, sitting in a pile in the corner.)

Guest PoorManzImpreza

Another voicing suggestion of using 90-93 legacy pads as they're a direct mount in L-series calipers..HOWEVER for a complete match one would need to replicate the notch on the standard L-series pad backing plate that lock the caliper piston in place so it can't turn back into the bore...I suggest drilling a hole in the lagacy pad in the approx. location and knocking a correctly sized and cut cut roll pin in the hole...that will replicate the L-series pads function completely..

interesting to note that L-series pads have MORE friction surface area that 90-93 Legacy pads and there are semi metallic L-series pads out there so I'd look around..but damn EBC redstuff/greenstuff are fine rump roast brake pads...

Kaz