Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my free 92 sedan.

zukiru

IMG464_zpsc4df14b3.jpg

To make a long story short my uncle towed it in over a timing belt. They let him have it, cheap. And i got it for the scrap from a very worn ouT XT.

one belt and a quart ATF (to stop the ticking), and I have a new daily driver.

Edited by zukiru

Haven't been on here much. The new mobile site is interesting.

Thanks for the replies. I almost feel bad for the previous owners... but I guess knowledge is power in this case. I had it diagnosed and repaired in a matter of a couple hours.

Okay. So I'm at a bit of a dead end with the "sedamn"

It still has the tick but I'm okay with it... ill get it eventually.

But it has a CEL and I am not sure if it has the same check process as the XT. The other issue is it seems to like gasoline a lot more than the xt. Are spfi cars less fuel efficient? I have like no experience with the throttle injectio... should I rebuld the TB? How do I know it needs rebuilt?

Thanks.

So it's all ready! Tick has been all gone for a bit now and fuel mileage is improved with the CEL off. (even if it's a cheat)

Oh and the freaking AC works! Next thing i want to do is fix the sloppy shifter and put in a CD player with AUX port. (so i can listen to my nerdy podcasts without an fm transmitter)

Soon i will post my 88 xt that is getting an EJ (hopefully frankenmotor) now that I'm not daily diving it.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic fail..... I put on my cam tower, timed the belts and disty and cranked her up. well... It puked oil all out the bottom... So I'll be tying again soon. I really need to fix this so i can fix the oil leaks on the XT. Ieither didn't clean well enough or didn't use enough sealant.