Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'13 Subaru BRZ Limited

MaddMaxx

Sweet ride. Thanks for the pics. You will have to keep us aprised of the good, the bad and the ugly as only an owner can do.  Nice color choice too. Now if you can just resist the urge to punch the throttle too high while still under the 1000 mile mark.

Some folks that got those are putting opti-coat on it. What are the changes for 2013?

Edited by MR_Loyale

Sweet ride. Thanks for the pics. You will have to keep us aprised of the good, the bad and the ugly as only an owner can do.  Nice color choice too. Now if you can just resist the urge to punch the throttle too high while still under the 1000 mile mark.

Some folks that got those are putting opti-coat on it. What are the changes for 2013?

Yeah, I love the black thanks. I'll def try and keep a running log of likes/hates. I've already put on almost 800mi, so I'm nearly there... Pin it to win it! haha

I don't think there are any changes from the release tho, 2013 is considered its first year in production. I went with the Limited tho, since the spoiler and leather interior were the only ways to sell my wife on the sale...

I've been thinking about a Clear-Bra for the front stone protection. I hadn't heard of Opti-coat before... Something with a permanant bond makes me a little nervous...

IMG00960-20130228-0758_zps7d9f148c.jpg

1st order of business - PLEASE REMOVE THOSE TIRES, and maybe the rims, lol.

Haha, yeah all in good time...

I just love the front lip...

IMG00959-20130228-0758_zps136d33fb.jpg

My only cons so far are the understandably cramped cockpit... I knew what I was getting into, but there are a few "design flaws" IMO.

1: the cupholders are so far back (they're literally in the backseat) that they're almost unusable.

2: the window controls are "blocked" by the armrest-handle, I literally have to snake my arm in and around the handle to get the window down:

IMG00983-20130321-1251_zps3604b6e8.jpg

Since it's release, I've heard of customers upgrading to wider tires and rims......what about using the BRZ stock rims in older Subies??

The BRZ/FR-S rims pop up alot on NASIOC and LGT.  I have seen a few Legacies running them.  I almost bought a set but they are too narrow.

Very nice car! One day ill be able to talk my wife into thinking a two door sports car is a good idea. Enjoy.

Oh and by the way when I first saw the Frs commercial I thought it was a Porsche then when I heard about the BRZ I was very excited to see the cheap rwd sports cars coming back. The styling is fun and aggressive with a nice interior I would not expect any less from Subaru. Come summer your gonna be having a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice car! One day ill be able to talk my wife into thinking a two door sports car is a good idea. Enjoy.

Oh and by the way when I first saw the Frs commercial I thought it was a Porsche then when I heard about the BRZ I was very excited to see the cheap rwd sports cars coming back. The styling is fun and aggressive with a nice interior I would not expect any less from Subaru. Come summer your gonna be having a lot of fun.

This is exactly why I got so excited about it... feels like (for me anyway), my first chance to get into something "new" in the sportscar market... everyone else is either just super-priced, or regurgitating "old" designs... hell the american manufactures all had to go BACK to their '60s designs, lol

Beautiful Car, My buddies looking into getting one, so ill have to keep an eye out on what you think about it

He definitely should, ton of fun...

My next complaint is the Nav system. It works fine, just seems clunky and slow, menus are difficult to navigate... AND as soon as you start rolling, you cant edit/enter a destination (there may be a work-around, but I haven't looked into it yet), I know its a "safety feature" but half the time I don't realize that I don't know where I am going until I'm already on my way... Very annoying.