Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've been looking online at different stores, but I can't find a part number for the cables I need. I pulled my e-brake too hard and snapped the cable. Not sure which one, so I'm just going to order all of them. i'm obviously looking for the cheapest option. 1995 Legacy L wagon, ABS, AWD.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

take the center console out, and look down at the cable.  if theres slack in it, pull on it.  you'll find the broken section.  Only time I've seen a cable break, it was at the roller on the back of the ebrake handle.

Rock Auto had ebrake cables for most of the subarus last time I checked.  I wore through mine from them rubbing against my lift blocks and needed to replace my rear cables.  

something like 45 bucks a side IIRC

Edited by torxxx

take the center console out, and look down at the cable.  if theres slack in it, pull on it.  you'll find the broken section.  Only time I've seen a cable break, it was at the roller on the back of the ebrake handle.

Rock Auto had ebrake cables for most of the subarus last time I checked.  I wore through mine from them rubbing against my lift blocks and needed to replace my rear cables.  

something like 45 bucks a side IIRC

I guess that would actually make more sense now that I think about it... the rear wheels remained locked after it snapped. And as little sense as this may make, the snap felt close to the handle. I'd love to take the center console off, but someone stole all my f****ng tools, so I'm going to have to wait a little long I suppose.