Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82 Gauge Cluster Ground

Does anyone know where this ground wire plugs into on the gauge cluster ? I just got done doing a heater core swap and I had to swap out my cluster also because I broke 2 of the little silver prongs on the back ... The old one didn't have this ground wire on the back

ABB15590-F536-4169-B61E-363F5C9FE7D9-180

I also don't know where that black plug goes either, I don't recall unplugging it when I pulled the dash I think it just kinda fell out lol

So yesterday I didn't mention that NONE of my gauges work, just mph & rpms. I removed that red wire then plugged the cluster and all the wires back in. Still none of my gauges work nor does my heater turn on. I'm gonna borrow Subruises FSM but until then anyone else have some input ?

UPDATE.....

Read through Subruises FSMs and didn't really have much luck. Got my heater working though.

Spent a couple hours over at Subruises today trying to figure out why I have no marker/running lights ..

Again, no results. I have headlights, turn signals, hazards and brake lights only when I press the pedal. I've replaced the bulbs in the rear with no results from that either .

Now, I just got done swapping in a different heater core & cleaning out the hvac stuff. I had working running marker lights before I pulled the dash but now I don't. I have everything plugged back in correctly . There is a couple of of female connectors still hanging but I have nothing to connect them too .

I have this relay that fell out, maybe disconnected itself when I pulled the dash but can't find the wires to connect it back up, I know it mounts on top of the headlight relay because I looked at my spare harness from my old rig.

5A8DD237-B2A4-4750-8490-E6D28FB4A2C4-557

And when I went to go plug it back into the 3 wired plug I thought it went to, the flasher relay for the turn signals was already plugged in.

So at this point I'm pretty much stumped because electrical is my weakest area . The plug for this relay I have should be a black plug with 2 greens w/ white stripes & 1 black wire . Just like the ones going to the flasher relay .....

......... Nobody has any idea as to why I don't have running/marker lights ?! Come on help a youngin' out here !! Lol my STOP LAMP has been on too, before & after I pulled the dash . And in the FSMs it says the stop lamp comes on when one of the bulbs goes out simultaneously in the rear but I changed both of them with no results :/

thats for the flasher. and it works.

heres the rundown as of last night: no corner or tailights or center dome. still have a battery drain. Everything else is currently operational.

when I owned this car the running lights were on anytime the key was. after Skylar bought it there was a brief period where all of the lights were on regardless of key position. this however, has changed to the above circumstance.