Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thank you

Uberoo

I spent some time looking through some of the old threads that are archived here.All I gotta say is Thank you to all the innovators and pioneers of the subaru world.My own personal offroader borrows  heavily on the work of the original subaru pioneers.Lifting a subaru,swapping in a 5 speed into the Ea81's, Swapping in EA82 front suspension,Installing an EJ,and finally doing a transfer case conversion.All ideas that I borrowed to make mine.My subaru is pretty much the only "big" lifted subaru Ive seen locally.I think there is a EA81 wagon and a legacy that are lifted an inch but no-one else with tires much bigger than stock so Its kinda easy to get lulled into thinking I created most of it.The fact is without the work of the original pioneers of the subaru world most of what I built wouldn't exist.I would still be running no lift with cut/bashed fenders.Without out all the original pioneers my subaru and many others would not be where they are today,for that I Thank You.Although EJ powered T-cased rigs are a bit of a rarity still.

speaking of that stuff does anyone happen to have any of the old footage of the Rubicon run and other earlier outings?Those are treasures that should not be lost.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yeah true that Uberoo, thanks to the Hatch Patrol! I remember the first time i met Bob, he pulled up at a gas station across from my stock '84 hatch in his '82 hatch with a 6" lift, camo paint and the hatch cut off it. Alot of my experience goes to him! Also learned that day we were neighbors.., good guy.