Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2004 Subaru Legacy Anniversary Edition?

HilfigerSwaggar

Welcome to the USMB.

What are you looking to modify, what are you goals for the modifications, and how much money do you have/want to spend?

Overall, the 04 Legacy is a good car, but it's probably not going to win any drag races.  With some suspension upgrades it can probably handle better, but ultimately it depends on what your goals are and what you want from the car.

• Like 2

Well the non-turbo engines are good, but would barely break 200 hp barrier even with a lot of mods/work.  The better approach would be to do an engine swap with a WRX or turbo Forester.  If you get an entire car and wiring, that would make things easier.  There are a couple shops that do swaps like this.

What part of the country do you live in?

I'd avoid a WRX unless you can find one with a 6 speed already installed.  I run with a group of WRX hounds up here and most of them have had nothing good to say about the 5mt that came with them.  I think most of them toasted 3rd gear.  

If you wanna make a car thats gonna win some drags,   Needs to be a Sedan or early Coupe.  They are the lightest.  Avoid the wagon, they have an extra 400+ lbs added to them.  Its gonna come to the point of where you are gonna have to decide is this car gonna be a daily driver, or strictly a race car?   Having both, you sacrifice a lot.  daily driver, you'll want to leave the interior intact, race car you want the interior stripped.   Same goes with Air conditioning.  matter, of fact literally the entire HVAC system if its gonna be a drag car should come out.  every pound makes a huge difference when you have a small car/small engine.

If it was me, EG33 with a SC on it and a 6 speed.  stuffed into a GC Sedan.   6 speed ur gettin the torsen diffs, 5 speed is open diff up front.  Not to mention DCCD with the 6 speed.