Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its buggy time agian

ivans imports

New kill switch and alt the 02 outback alt had the abillty to self energise with no wires hooked up so kill switch whould not work so downgrade to 96 outback alt and two pole master switch and fixed whent from charging at 15.5 to 14.20 and way less load on engine thiss should help out my electronics. Also changes the nos extra feul pump from 9 psi pump to a 40 psi pump the 9psi pump was geting overwhelmed by boost preshure and was not giving enuff feul. Now 0.28 jet feul 0.22 jet nos is small but safe zone

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets just say those boys were not to happy about geting beat last year ! they may have upgraded a bitt. Buggy was fast pulled 4 good times ran flawlesly we kept slowly turning up the nos by end of weekend we were running a 0.32 nos and 0.18 feul jets. The problem was feul preshure is fixed now and are math is lining up. Engine ran very strong and no broken axles during the race did break two on a lanch into the deep hole contest so i backed out and whent thru in reverse 2wd was a wild ride but whent thru. We have some vidio of it. Anyway the fastest time was a 5.17 with Matt driving in the mecanics pass. fastest time in the class is around 4.50 - 4.00 so we are still a wase off came in 4rth outa 4 but 6 passes and 2 deep hole passes and no broken pistons ! i'm shure we have pics but will take us abitt to get them on here you may find some on the NWMRA site

i shot about an hour of video over the weekend, so ya we will have some proof - i just have to get an adapter for my antique (2005) video camera cable. even got one 'in car' shot, with the miniDV cam taped to the back pillar, lol. 

definitely a cool experience - kinda stressful for a first timer when the race was on, trying to figure out where to be at what time, not get in the way in the staging area, etc. the second day at least i had seen the routine, so it was easier to know wtf was going on. 

no updates to the website as of today, but here's the link.  we're in B class .  http://www.nwmra.com/index.php

So found a deal on nos parts have enuff jets to mutiport nos inject it now 30 hp per cly is are goal at 45 psi feul press. This should kick it in the butt or blow it up is a pile of plumbing but worth it. The season is a points game we get x amount of points for 4 compleated passes fastest passes ect so we had all four passes so got are points two trucks in class had one unfinished pass so they dont get there points for all compleated passes makes for a close points race at end of season and reliability is very important. Well unless you have a pile of engines on your shop floor.

hey the merritt paper put a clip of the crapinator on youtube , search "merritt mud drags 2013" on youtube for some vids... i'm waiting on my PCI firewire card to arrive, then i can put some up too. 

too bad its the first pass where the engine bogs right at the start, lol 

Edited by matts87glsedan

Of couse they cut it off buggers oh well some good shots of the other cars in my class the skiny white and flames chev is the fastest car in my class followed by the green jeep thing and the one i race the mud shark driven by my freind cody his pitt crew cheif is blind he tunes the car checks the plugs ect all without seeing  they dug the shark outof retirement to let the son race after his dad lost his sight. Is a very good crew to compeate with. He came in second at merit I was happy to get beat by him good job cody !

First pass good second pass better 3rd pass BOOM !!! peices Thanks Matt for the blast sheild we used it up was very violent and at high rpms not shure what let go but is many holes in block. On the + side no broken axles and trans worked way better was starting from a dead stop in second gear on the first two the 3rd one was just to deep and over loaded the engine when i looked out front of buggy was 2ft of mud it was pushing with front end. Well back to last years engine at least its still runing