Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 push bar install

So I have the short style ea81 push bar here and I intend to install it onto my '84 wagon. The one I picked up needs a little work, and it seems like a couple brackets are missing. Does anyone have a pic of one of these installed? From the under side of the car? Seems like it might hook I'm to the stock tow points but. Not totally sure.

I am not sure about an 84. My 79 wagon had 6 attach points. 4 down on the motor mounts and 2 on the bumper. I haven't used the ones on the bumper since the years have left the allignment a bit off. I'll see if I can get pixs for you. I am putting new rotors on the front in a day or 2 if you can wait that long.

that's the only place mine is mounted. on both sides of course. there are other mounts on the bar but i suspect those are for other applications. it will be a very snug fit. mine is really tight against the bumper. solid as a rock tho. i have more pics but usmb is being a pain in the rump roast about it atm. if u need anything specific let me know

post-7996-0-96675700-1365276532_thumb.jpg

Looks like you guys have had the long style bar that extends back to the crossmember. The one I have doesn't. Here's pics of one I found on Mic's page. It seems like it might mount to the front tow points but it doesn't really line up. I'll be in the garage later and ill try to get a pic with it ans my car for reference. Maybe I've been staring at it too long ans just need a different perspective.

post-20476-0-22999100-1365343352_thumb.jpg

post-20476-0-46424500-1365343363_thumb.jpg

looks like a gen 2 according to mics page. how doesn't it line up? if its a little off at the tow hooks as in to short in length but looks like it should fit the tow hooks are probably bent like on my brat. which i fix by taking off the hooks and bending where it was bolted on the car back in place with a pair of vice grips and i hit the tow hooks with a sledge hammer until they are fair straight(i usally just get new ones from the junk yard though).

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/pushbar/pushbar.html

This looks like the one I have on my 86 brat. It attaches using a couple of angle brackets attached to the round bosses on the
sides and screwed in into some of the mounts that hold on the chrome bar onunder the radiator. Then It is also bolts to the two tow mounts .

Paul