Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front calipers

I ended up re sealing the hydraulic side , the piston had rust on one end preventing it from fully collapsing , I caught hell putting back the lever side,  best advise ..if it moves and the boot isn't torn  DON'T TAKE APART THE E BRAKE SIDE . I took some pics so maybe  ill do another one and write down the steps .  is wasn't that hard to do , i figured a good way to put the ebrake side together.

Edited by ivantruckman

I did one front caliper for one of the BRATs. Vowed to never do another one....... Been buying loaded calipers ever since then.

A decent bench vice would probably made the job easier, but doing the E-brake side was a real pain.

• Like 1

I did one front caliper for one of the BRATs. Vowed to never do another one....... Been buying loaded calipers ever since then.

A decent bench vice would probably made the job easier, but doing the E-brake side was a real pain.

Good to know! Doing brakes on my '85 Brat now. Just got my new rotors, waiting for weather to clear.....

I ended up re sealing the hydraulic side , the piston had rust on one end preventing it from fully collapsing , I caught hell putting back the lever side,  best advise ..if it moves and the boot isn't torn  DON'T TAKE APART THE E BRAKE SIDE . I took some pics so maybe  ill do another one and write down the steps .  is wasn't that hard to do , i figured a good way to put the ebrake side together.

The front e-Brake system becomes a Nightmare when is Old & Rusty ... I completely got Rid of that, as you can Read & See ~► Here from post Nº 61, then I Retrofitted a Reliable & Simple Rear e-Brake system on my "BumbleBeast" as you can see & Read ~► Here.

Kind Regards.