Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new to usmb denver colorado

I live in Denver. Well, Aurora right now but the job may be moving to the west side of town, etc. Not built for off-road but I'd like to get there. I'm not as interested in conquering the hardest challenge/deepest hole etc as I am in hunting down ghost towns and old mines and the like, which will require at least some modest off-road capabilities. I guess I'm aiming for a reasonable compromise rig. One that can hold its own on the road without losing too much gas mileage, etc; but can still handle some ditches and small logs on the trail, etc.

• Like 1

i follow you 100 percent. id just like a good size group to meet up camp and have a good time .Also explore fish and like you sayed see ghost towns . this year going to.tackle tin cup pass . its only rated a 2 . theres a ghost town named st elmo on one.side.of the pass . what year is ure rig . im sure i can help.you get youre project going .or shoot u in the rite direction

I'm not as interested in conquering the hardest challenge/deepest hole etc as I am in hunting down ghost towns and old mines and the like, which will require at least some modest off-road capabilities.

Yeah thats good fun. A few years ago, the wife and I took our S-10 on a wheelin trek for a week, with a book of ghost towns and several trail books; using those we found the gnarliest routes we could to find the ghost towns. It was a great time!

Indeed! Money is a bigger issue, and time. For quite a while it was my DD in a 60mile round trip commute. Now I have two part-time jobs, soon I hope just one full time job. Hopefully that change works out and I can give the car some down-time, as well as having some money to work with :). I can do some of these things myself, others I'll need help with.

Indeed.

The full-time offer is looking pretty good, so I just have to give notice at the other job, by June, maybe? I'm thinking of picking up a bike at a thrift store to ride over the summer. This would give me some time where I don't *need* the car, as long as I stock up on groceries before I put her down for a few days! I don't live a block from the grocery store anymore.

Time for an adventure, at last!

• Like 1

Welcome! I live in the Lakewood/Golden area and drive a '95 impreza lifted 3". I drive as a xerox repairman so my car is all over Denver,Lakewood,Littleton,aurora,greenwood village,Blackhawk,...,Colorado lol

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03
  • Like 1

I was going to take my dog to the mountains today, up to Evergreen (big dog park up there) and work on replacing the vacuum lines on the motor tomorrow...yeah. This is about the fourth day off in a row that's been sixty all week and then snowed when I'm off. Maybe next week?