Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 GL brake question

I just blew a rear wheel cylinder, and noticed that the front reservoir is still full. Are the master cyls. on these cars split front to rear or is there a proportioning valve? I don't want to drive it of the front and rear are tied together but if they aren't I really need it to get around! The soonest I can get a wheel cylinder is next Wednesday...

Thanks,

-Sam

Got my wheel cylinders today. Should I replace the. Rear brake lines while I'm at it? Are these a custom made-to-order type of deal or are there places you can buy them? I haven't really had a chance to check them out seeing as how I just moved and still haven't put my shop in order...

I highly doubt you'll find prebent lines for this era, you'll most likely end up having to bend the tubing to fit.

Your probably right, but it still doesn't hurt to ask. Sometimes the people behind the counter may know of a place to get them, even if they need to be custom made, it's worth a try.

Most NAPA shops can bend lines, and most anyplace that advertises "Hydraulic lines made here" can help as well.

"I know of a guy who's addicted to brake fluid...he says he can stop anytime...."

Good Luck with the bleeding o' the brakes!

Respectfully,

Timothy