Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Mid Summer Run August 2-4, Evans Creek ORV Park

one eye

Forgive me Jeff for editing your post.

Prepare for dust. It's a 7 mile long dusty road just to get to the parking lot. The trails themselves won't be so bad, but the main lines will be very dusty in August.

Each vehicle needs to have a day pass for each day in the park. There is a gas station in Burnett (the only one) that sells the day passes for $5.50 per day. That gas station will be your last chance for gas ice and whatever.

Bring your extra parts and especially axles. The trails are just rough enough to break your car if you don't listen to your spotter.

Bring tools and recovery gear.

Bring garbage bags so you can haul out whatever you bring in.

Evans_Creek_Map_Large.jpg

evansmap2.jpg

Naches is fun but EC is much more challenging. Naches is also has better weather for camping. The bonus with Naches is that you can also go over to Manastash Ridge.

My exact reasonings for saying the Naches, I camp in GreenWater a lot during the summer. But Uberoo is right, Naches is quite easy especially when it's dry, my buddy took his bone stock 2 door Jeep Cherokee over the Naches lol

I'm down for EC if that's what everyone else is saying... Eithery way they're both only like an hour from me ...

Wherever we go people need to be adequately prepared not just their cars but shelter and food too.

ya we had one guy that had a car and that was it a few years back, bring your own food unless you wish to share or what ever....extra parts too..... and dress warm!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Man, they're all a long ways from me.

My vote would be whichever is closet to Oregon.  There is really only an off chance I could make it so I guess don't worry about my input.  I'll probably bail at the last minute :)  Not really.  Really.  Unless I don't.  Then I will.

I really want to wheel up there.It will be a refreshing change of terrain. I miss out big time even when you guys just go on a day trip.Around here its just mud and trees,but the trails were made by fullsize trucks so nothing is tight or technical.Heck my rocker panels haven't even gotten crunched.The pinch weld on the passenger side is folded over a little bit but thats about it.So I will do everything in my power to get up there and wheel with you guys.

Edited by Uberoo

Man, they're all a long ways from me.

My vote would be whichever is closet to Oregon.  There is really only an off chance I could make it so I guess don't worry about my input.  I'll probably bail at the last minute :)  Not really.  Really.  Unless I don't.  Then I will.

It would be rad to have some Oregon cats come up. ;)

cheers