Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Mid Summer Run August 2-4, Evans Creek ORV Park

one eye

It IS HAPPENING ON AUG.2-4

Can a mod.(perhaps you warhead) change the title dates?

Cheers. Cya there fellas.

You will need a NW FOREst PASS that is purchaseable in Carbon.A small store is available for smaller items.

So bring your major items.People don't mind sharing sometimes.But in the last folks were under the impression that we would feed them.

NOT HAPPENING.BE PREPARED OR GO HOME.....LOL

Did I stumble upon a procrastinators meeting or something?I need it to be soon to light a fire under my tuckus and get my stuff done.How about the week BEFORE when we agreed on?

We can do a search and find this same post from you each year, then you flake and can't make it.  lol

• Like 1

How does the whole camping thing work up there anyway?Excuse my ignorance but I haven't been up there.Are the trails short enough that at the end of each day we return to a central campground, or would I need to pack 3 days worth of food and gear into the hatch?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance I could crash at somebodies  house on the first of August?Right now its looking like I have enough funds for fuel and the discovery pass and even that is stretching it kinda tight.Other than that I guess I could pull into Burnett on the 1st around 8 PM and just sleep in the truck and wait for everyone to roll past in the morning.

If you can barely make it on the funds you say you have, what happens if something goes wrong?

Don't answer.It is a rhetorical question.........

Anways, I'll be there.I have no idea what I will have to drive. LOL But.....

Oh, And to the Oregon boys thinking about coming up.I live in Olympia,So if you need to hit a garage for something before hand, or if your comin up the night before hit me up.I have tent room, and a room in the house if you don't smell like a hippie :)...

cheers

Went up with Ken and scouted the trails. Found one we never knew about before. Definitely the most technical, super twisty and off camper stuff. Am eager to do it again, wanna see you guys make it up it.

What's the traction situation like?

I mean, how much mud, rocks, sand, etc?

Trying to decide on a tire set for the trip.

Late August.

Uh....well that doesn't tell me much.  I would assume dry and rocky......but that could be wrong.

I've never been there.  I don't know if there are any mudholes, streams, etc.....

Maybe just a description of the conditions?

Also, what about fire danger?  ANy chance the area could be closed for fire season?

I'm not trying to be a smart rump roast. The end of August here in WA is the same as the end of August in Oregon. Hot and dusty. There shouldn't be any rain between now and then, the fire danger should be par for August, should be high. The very best way for you to see the trails is to you tube Evans Creek. I don't expect any mud.

I'm not trying to be a smart rump roast. The end of August here in WA is the same as the end of August in Oregon. Hot and dusty. There shouldn't be any rain between now and then, the fire danger should be par for August, should be high. The very best way for you to see the trails is to you tube Evans Creek. I don't expect any mud.

Thanks....that's more helpful.

I have to say, were I'm at in Oregon.....If you head into the mountains....there are still quite a few trails with mudholes and ruts. Places in the forest where groundwater  springs flow or just keep an area damp.  They get somewhat dried up in summer, but that can even be worse.....as that mud is thick and sticky and you can't just blast through it.  If you don't have good traction you can end up stuck in a mudhole......with dry trail ahead and behind.  That's why I was asking.

Cool to know there won't be much mud......I will probably rock the Toyo Open Country A/Ts I was gonna use for the highway.  I had though of bringing the Bighorn M/Ts on a trailer or in my buddies pickup, but sounds like I'll just go with the A/Ts'