Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another boomerang returns...

mcbrat

Red '87 GL, lifted with EA81 Engine...   the most recent picture of it from a couple years ago

gallery_22523_45_1360569703_2552.jpg

back when I had it the first time about 8 years ago... the last pic of it on the below page, is when it was owned by Caleb in WA before his fateful trip to Chicago, that resulted in the car going to Chef Tim and then me.

http://www.indysworld.com/vehicles/1987-wagon-red/87wagon-red.html

It's rusty, front subframe is nearly falling off due to the body mount points seperating from the unibody, a roof body job from 10+ years ago is cracking and falling off (big chunks), pimp red drivers seat is broken, exhaust has an issue, and the EA81 engine  puffs blue smoke like a genie bottle.  Tires are starting to crack, no radio.

But these are getting really hard to find around here, even for parts cars, and I no longer have a spare engine for my Red Brat, and this has:

EA81 engine (runs but smokes)

3" BYB lift

weber 32/36 carb

5 Speed D/R

modified brush guard

14" RW Gold Alloys + spare 14" pug w/tire

Yakima bars with locks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have decided this beast is not long for this world...  Brushguard will be staying in Iowa.  I may end up selling the gold 14" alloys, but will keep them for now.  Engine and trans will be put on shelf as spares.  may try to salvage some lift blocks.  depends on how much of a roller it need to be for my "removal service"  :)

• 2 months later...

the Red beast is now gone.  no time to deal with it.  what was salvaged before it's departure:

14" RW gold alloys

Brushguard

Weber 32/36

Intake Manifold 

Alternator & bracket

distributor

coil

power steering pump

Yakima cross bars

Yakima rain gutter towers with locks