Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej22 swap radiator help~!

hey guys lookin for a lil advice here. workin on startin an ej22 swap into my 88 gl and am wondering if the original single row radiator will provide sufficient cooling or if its better to go with a 2 row that would require some modification to move the original mounting holes on the car to fit the different radiator? 

thanks guys,

Ryan

On my 88 GL10 I'm running an EJ radiator, it wasn't bad to mount and plumb and it made it practical to keep the A/C. It looks like you're not far away if you would like to check out how I did mine.

I will vouch for his setup, capn_r has managed to retain things that a lot of folks would say you cant with an EJ swap.....like a/c

The EA82 motor is, to put it lightly, not efficient at removing heat. The coolant jacket is not well run, especially around the exhaust ports (at least if my eyes and lots of reading here have figured it out).

The EJ22 is much more efficient from what everyone has told me/rumor has it. As long as you have a fan running it should be A-ok.