Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my 1987 gl frankenwagon

SubaruJunky87

it all started out with the 800 dollar 87gl 1.8l spfi, in the long run i wanted to do a 2.2 swap with 4 or 6 inch lift, bumpers, and roof rack, to get some mad slinging done :D but one day i blew a hole in my coolent jacket on my passanger head right under the exhaust valves :angry: , ok then head gaskets and a new head, :( fail..... that head gasket never got change cuz the head bolt was seased in the block. low and behold it broke on me deap in the block, shitty. which forced me to do my swap. had a full 2.5 laying around and a set of 2.2 heads. iu would have put the 2.5 in but i want more reliability. so fanken motor it is. came to geather great. in the last stages now. got my bumpers, roof rack and tail light protectors from justin at hti fab fab for a great price, he did some great work :headbang: . the last of it flywheel machineing and wiring harness trim coming from scott @ sjr, just waiting on the parts :headbang: . last but not least uel headersand racing cat,just waiting to go in. all that is left is wheels and tires. wanting to do a rear svx brake conversion, but that can wait. and then there is some paint work and rino lining work. will keep you guys posted. alway enjoy some feed back.

post-37964-0-87038500-1367263090_thumb.jpg

post-37964-0-05327000-1367263137_thumb.jpg

post-37964-0-42754900-1367263195_thumb.png

post-37964-0-86179300-1367263500_thumb.jpg

Edited by SubaruJunky87

• 2 weeks later...