Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat-Hog

m12-lrv

So I've finally gotten around to post my ride.  Ive had my brat for about a year now and i picked it up for $1200.

This was the day i brought it home. fenders were rusted and the body was a little rough, but she runs good and i can modify, beat up, and generally have fun with this and not worry. The idea Ive had was to make it look like the warthog from the game Halo. I'm still working on uploading more photos so hopefully this should be photo rich by the end of the night!

when my trans blew up i bought a donor car that already had the 5 speed swaped, so i decided to do some work on the floor pans and practice welding. once i tore out the carpet i bit off a bit more than i could chew :(

post-46613-0-64966700-1367858958_thumb.jpg

but i did find this f-ing sweet sign!

post-46613-0-33501900-1367858742_thumb.jpg

this was the wores of the two sides

post-46613-0-62378600-1367858787_thumb.jpg

qutie a bit of cutting

post-46613-0-08141600-1367858768_thumb.jpg

new floor patch fitted. after welding this in place i used navel jelly on the other surface ruted areas, hit with a stop rust, the sprayed with rubber coating.

post-46613-0-35272700-1367859331_thumb.jpg
finished product! All in all I have to say, this was a lot of work. I wish I had a computer at the time so I could have asked some questions and done some research. I still dont care if what I did was worth the effort on an old rusty Brat, but I love my car, and it was worth the experience!

Edited by m12-lrv

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I finally got around to having the rear diveshaft made and for the first time was able to use the 4x4 agian. I was really impressed with how well the stock height brat did climbing minor dirt hills! but now im itching to put biffer tires on it. ive already aquired a set of 14" pug rims and have looked at different tire options. my question is; does anyone in the denver area have 2" lift they would sell me or be willing to help me make one in trade for beer? :D

• 1 month later...

SO with the dcent amount rust patched and filled, and front end suspension rebuilt from lug nut to lug nut, this BRAT cuises nice and comfy at 75mph all day no problem. only issue im having is people trying to buy it off of me almost non stop. whats it worth? Ive added legacy seats, 5sp dual range trans that uses all stock levers and console, very nice jvc stereo with sub, has rear seats and camper shell, rear disc brakes from a gl-10 turbo wagon and 14" pug steelies. highest offer ive had was $4000 but i think he was dreaming :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...