Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 Trans in mid 80's Brat ?

SubaruJawn

I'D Like to Know if the XT6 Transmission will bolt up to a BRAT EA81 or EA82 Brat Engine, i know its built the same as a Loyale and know the XT6 Transmission will Bolt up, exception of the Axle Splin Counts.

so if it does bolt up to EA81 or 2 i could use what front Axles ?

IIRC 95 FWD 5Spd Axles or something like that.

lets say 1985 and up Brats.

It'll be the same work on any brat 82-87, there were no ea82 brats built.  You'll need the driveshaft, tranny mounts made up, carrier bearing mount made.  And you'll have to search and find what you need for the hybrid axles to have the 25 spline ends for the trans.

• Like 1

yest the trans will fit. but you will have to either swap out trans stubs, or hybrid axles. You wil need to part off and use the bits on the inner end of the brat axle and a 25 spline doj cup like that from a turbo mt, turbo 4eat or xt6

i don't know if anyone has found the magic recipie of oem soob parts to combu up and make a 25 spline ea81 axle. it may have been done. maybe check out the australian forums for that kind of advise

otherwise using the xt6 trans will fit like any other dual range 5mt swap. the ea82 fits under the hood. use the ea82 carb intake on an spfi block. use the ea82 disty and wire it to the coil. an ea81 intake will fit on an ea82, buy tou will hae to flip some brackets around and block off the egr and get funky with radiator hose routing. use an ea82 radiator

It'll be the same work on any brat 82-87, there were no ea82 brats built.  You'll need the driveshaft, tranny mounts made up, carrier bearing mount made.  And you'll have to search and find what you need for the hybrid axles to have the 25 spline ends for the trans.

Also, the trans can be opened up, and the stubs in the front diff swapped over to 23 spline.  We do the opposite to run D/Rs in new gen cars.