Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just read this and was going to post up that I have a spare EZ30 crank sensor and trigger wheel sitting here....

Glad you guys got it figured out. It's always nice to have someone nearby that has done a similar swap that can help figure out what's been missed!

• 11 months later...

Solved and special thanks to KingBobDole who came down to the shop and solved it in about 35 minutes.  Interrupt wire labeled wrong in diagram from Vanagon conversion company that makes the kit.  Worse yet they knew about it and revised it last year but didn't update me.  

Hi,

First post.   I have the same issue, vw. conversion won't start when it's warm.   Ohterwise it runs great and cold starts every time.   It cranks but wont start.   We've replaced the fuel pump, o2 sensor, etc.   No weird codes.   Can you give me more direcction on this wiring issue?   My mechanic says he needs more info.  Thanks.    

Hi,

First post.   I have the same issue, vw. conversion won't start when
it's warm.   Ohterwise it runs great and cold starts every time.   It
cranks but wont start.   We've replaced the fuel pump, o2 sensor, etc.  
No weird codes.   Can you give me more direcction on this wiring
issue?   My mechanic says he needs more info.  Thanks.  

Larry that's a pretty common problem on the EJ engines and is because of a faulty ECT sensor for the computer. The computer thinks the engine is cold all the time and floods it with fuel when its warm. If holding the theottle open slightly allows it to start, probably the ECT sensor.