Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i, and there are barely any performance parts for it. Will any parts made for the GT fit my 2.5i? Like exhaust and coil overs? Also, do you need to buy aftermarket caster and camber kits when lowering a Subaru? 

Thanks.

yes, any parts that fit the GT (or the outback) will fit the legacy of the same year, 95 - 09.

Please be aware that the 2.5 GT has a different engine - turbocharged - that utilizes a different exhaust, ECU (computer), and other  parts. It's a DOHC vs. the SOHC NA engine, too. 

So, many of the non-engine components will swap, but not the engine stuff.

If you want more power, your best bet is to find a low mileage GT ('05-'11 (?)) - ensure you get a compression/leak down test!! - then you'll have access to more power options if the stock engine isn't enough.

The power upgrade options on non-turbo Subarus are generally not worth the modest gains you'll get for your $$.

Go spend some time on the LegacyGT.com site or http://www.sl-i.net/, too. They'll have more performance ideas.

GL,

Td

Edited by wtdash

you can make your legacy more fun to throw around the corners, but it isn't going to win many drag races with the limited performance increase intake or exhaust will bring. MAYBE some cams would help, but $$$$ and maybe less reliability?

It will help a little if you can get lighter-weight wheels and remove any other un-needed mass.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan