Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting ready for the lift

northguy

Fed Ex has "misplaced" my lift kit, but "promises" it will be here this afternoon (I guess they're going to produce one from somewhere?), so I just went to town and got a smoking deal on some tires for my Pugs - 205/75/14's Made by Dayton - I figured I'd go with cheap tires until I see if I'm going to have any wear or rub problems - $150 mounted and balanced for the whole set. They even have a decent tread design and look like they'd do halfway decent in the dirt. Things are starting to look up.

tires and rims were my largest expense. Almost as much as my lift, Bumper & Rack combined. $150 for a set of decent tires, mounted and ballanced cant be beat. Make sure they didnt rummage through your lift kit when it gets there. Here are some pictures of all the parts layed out. And also in the area's in which they need to be bolted to the car. It should help as a refference for when you get yours:

http://www.subaru4wd.net/New/lift/lift.html

-Brian

Thanks Brian. I've received numerous tips, hints and suggestions from many of the local experts and I sure do appreciate them. I'm pumped for the arrival and will have all week to lay things out, envision the install, dream about it, ask myself questions, and wait for next weekend to put it in. Since BWM took his kit out of his Loyale and then scrapped it,I may very well be the only lifted Roo in AK (until Snowman gets his kit - soon).

tires and rims were my largest expense. Almost as much as my lift, Bumper & Rack combined. $150 for a set of decent tires, mounted and ballanced cant be beat.

-Brian

Hehe. One Superswamper costs $147.00. The tires were definitely my most expensive cost. I'll do it again for my next one. :D

So the people at Fed Ex lied to me again. No lift :mad::banghead:

This is now day 8 on a five day delivery, and I won't get it now until Monday. Why did I pay $70+ dollars for 5 day delivery and 4 lies today? PK, if you see this, ask for a refund, as I'm sure they aren't going to allow me to collect it. Maybe Monday. :(

So the people at Fed Ex lied to me again. No lift :mad::banghead:

This is now day 8 on a five day delivery, and I won't get it now until Monday. Why did I pay $70+ dollars for 5 day delivery and 4 lies today? PK, if you see this, ask for a refund, as I'm sure they aren't going to allow me to collect it. Maybe Monday. :(

I've been through it a few times with lift kits via fed ex. Definite Head Bang on Wall Stuff!! Fed ex sux!

Way worse than Xmas eve as a kid.

:banghead: :-\

WTF???

FedEx assured me it would go straight through without Canadian Post inspection. I have never lost any kits - ever, so I'm sure they will find 40 pounds of steel. Actually once, FedEx lost a PC I sent for 3 days, then it showed up just fine. Still I am pissed, as Matt says, $70+ shipping should be worthy of attention.

Sorry Matt, give it a few more days. They only guarantee delivery, not delivery date. It IS insured, however, I am not smiling.

v/r Patrick.

Northguy, sorry to hear about the ordeal. I think UPS is even worse. They may get it there at the time they said it would be, but its to the wrong addy :mad:

Brian, any Soob you saw in Ak when you were in school is long gone, eaten by the rust bunnies.

The site used to say estimated delivery date April 15th. Two days ago that disappeared. Itis reportedly on the truck and has been so since 8:45 P.M. on the 14th. All I can say is that is one damn slow truck driving the 32 miles from the Anchorage facility to my house.

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! After 11 days it has finally arrived and all of the parts made it unmolested. I've read through the instructions once already and fondled each piece in the box, laid them out and put them lovingly back in the box until this weekend. :banana: Thanks again Patrick.