Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket Fuel pump? PSI GPH

basically any Fuel Injection external fuel pump will work.

You can go from this:

http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=18&s=112&p=5178&searchtype=ecat

or this:

http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=18&s=112&p=4421&searchtype=ecat

There are lotsa options out there. The pressure regulator on the fuel rail will take care of the pressure. Unless your doing major mods to the intake and fuel system, a monster pump isn't needed.

no, but they sell the same one, for the same ford truck/car for 80 and 130. for some reason. they are the same gph and pressure, and fitment, and all are new not reman. thought it was kinda wierd.

i just told them ford truck efi, that has two pumps, one in the tank and one closer to the front. go ford!

• 4 months later...
napa sells an inline pump for some ford truck for 35 bucks. 50 gph, with 90 psi

works on whatever you want

part #2p74028

its round, so you can use a coil bracket to mount it in the stock location, cheapest one i have been able to find.

Just picked one up today as mine wont turn on any more. They wanted $75 for #2p74028. Beats paying $255 list for the Subaru one! Can't seem to find any used ones :(

i just swapped a turbo fuel poump for my spfi one. it's about double the size
That's cuz they are the same :) Prolly why a new pump for an SPFI is $255. A new one was really expensve no matter where I went. Wish I could nab a used one but the closest used ones are in WI or on the border of IA/MN. This new ford one should do me good tho.

The FSM for the 90 SPFI states that 21-24 PSI is the design pressure.
Now this is the pressure required for the SPFI to operate properly, right? How much pressure does the OEM fuel pump put out? Just called 4 dealerships; 3 said 'der we dont know cuz we throw out any information older than 6 yars and dun care!' and one said he'd call me back when he can look in a manual but I'm not holding my breath for him to call me back... they sounded BUSY.

Welp I installed the Ford pump. Works fine. Cut off the wire harness from the old pump. Wired it to the new pump and pluged it in. Plumbed up the lines inside the cabin. She fired right up! Only issue I see is the feed line from the tank to the pump is larger ID than the OD of the fitting on the pump. I had to make a coupler between two sized lines to adapt to the fitting on end of the pump. The end that goes to the engine had the right size fitting and the lines went right on no problem.

Now this is the pressure required for the SPFI to operate properly, right? How much pressure does the OEM fuel pump put out? Just called 4 dealerships; 3 said 'der we dont know cuz we throw out any information older than 6 yars and dun care!' and one said he'd call me back when he can look in a manual but I'm not holding my breath for him to call me back... they sounded BUSY.

Morgan-

The FSM describes the fuel pump discharge pressure as 38-50 psi and the discharge flow as 21 psi. These figures are for SPFI. For MPFI, the numbers are 61-71 psi and 43.4 psi respectively.

Morgan-

The FSM describes the fuel pump discharge pressure as 38-50 psi and the discharge flow as 21 psi. These figures are for SPFI. For MPFI, the numbers are 61-71 psi and 43.4 psi respectively.

Welp I guess we'll see how long my pressure regulator holds up then :)

• 8 months later...

Anyone else see how to install this fuel pump on their RX/XT turbo? I have one of these on one of my XT6s but can't remember what the shop did to get it installed. It's been a while.

I'm considering getting one of these in the future (like when my hair turns gray). I'm going to need a nice flowing fuel pump if things go my way.