Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have already accounted for this in a conversation with Delta.

I had a torque grind applied to my cam, which takes approx .030" off the cam lobe.

In my removing .030" off my head/block surface, I have minimal adjustments to be made to my valvetrain ;)

My biggest monster is going to be the intake. Which may be getting cut down to fit with some custom piping, or I may just make a custom manifold.

But thank you for the reminder :)

Also, on break in, I already have break in oil in mind. I'll be switching to Schaffer's once Its all broken in and happy.

Twitch

• 2 weeks later...

no ned to oval the inlet to head holes, unless you have an oval hole drill :) - just a larger diameter round drill bit in each hole both ends, makes a big difference

I'm going to oval them with a same sized drill bit as the hole, just grinding out the side that needs more space. That way I only have one plane to worry about when remounting rather than multiple.

Twitch

PS: Or I may just build a custom intake using my old manifold.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't know anything about them.The engine was in the back of a vehicle I bought.I had the heads off because I was going to change the headgaskets and run it but while it was apart I managed to loose about 1/2 the bolts/nuts/and pushrods,I suppose that is what I get for building an engine in my driveway.So I decided just to get an EJ22 and not even worry about the EA71. The bores looked very good when I had the heads.I tilted the engine up on the side and poured a bit of oil into the bores and it seemed to stay on top of the pistons so it shouldn't leak much.