Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are BRATs Addictive ? I think so....

Sholing Uteman

Hello from England ! I have been meaning to join your forum for a long while,  but better late than never I suppose. I am a multiple MV1800 (and 1 MV1600) Owner . BRATs to you Guys and Brumbys to the Aussies. My wife swears I am addicted to them and I tend to agree :lol: . I look forward to reading through your forum and seeing what BRAT Stuff I can turn up . Here is a view of my backyard and the "junk" as the wife calls it, (I know she likes them really :wub: ) best wishes "MO"

8063402741_a355359d32_zps07f169d8.jpg

Great collection you have there SCOLE.  Here in England we only ever got a Basic truck. There was a BRAT pack released but it just consisted of side stripes, Roobar, rollbar and rear tailight brush guards, Whereas in the US you got the lot ! Only thing I wasnt keen on was your Blue interiors LOL "MO"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, at least they put the steering wheel on the other side for you guys across the pond (probably just put it on the left side for US, right?)!  Well, that's a pretty nice graphics package for the vintage. I don't think the US versions got offered too much more than that though. 

Thats right they put the steering wheel on the other side for you guys :P HAHA because Japan drives the same as ( and Australia and New Zealand and etc etc :lol: ) You may drive on the right side but we drive on the correct side (only Joking bye the way ^_^ ) As for extras you got that we never.... How bout Turbo , Twin sun roof , power steering , air conditioning , opening rear window , seats in the back , etc etc.... I think it may have been the market the truck was aimed at ? Here it was the Farmer/man on the land whereas there (I believe) it was the RV/ lifestyle crew. Heres a brochure of an early MK2 "Hookback" truck  "MO"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54046845@N07/7567132296/

Edited by Sholing Uteman
  • Like 1

Thats right they put the steering wheel on the other side for you guys :P HAHA because Japan drives the same as ( and Australia and New Zealand and etc etc :lol: ) You may drive on the right side but we drive on the correct side (only Joking bye the way ^_^ ) As for extras you got that we never.... How bout Turbo , Twin sun roof , power steering , air conditioning , opening rear window , seats in the back , etc etc.... I think it may have been the market the truck was aimed at ? Here it was the Farmer/man on the land whereas there (I believe) it was the RV/ lifestyle crew. Heres a brochure of an early MK2 "Hookback" truck  "MO"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54046845@N07/7567132296/

Oh, I guess you're right about all those extras. I guess I never thought too much about it. My eyes are opened! These were certainly not luxury cars over here, believe me.  I love the brochure. Interesting factoid about how they were marketed differently. Thanks for sharing that.