Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new owner of a 79 brat!

1GenBrat

hi all, I'm new here and just got my hands on my friends brat. He found it in Oklahoma but joined the air force. So i decided to buy it from him and try to get it running! I've been looking for parts for about 3 months now, and realized just how difficult it is to find them. So any help from the forums would be greatly appreciated 

post-46995-0-31637300-1370973380_thumb.jpg

post-46995-0-73996200-1370973394_thumb.jpg

post-46995-0-32844500-1370973409_thumb.jpg

thanks, im looking for a new tailgate, the one it has is all rusted out, a passenger side mirror, driver tail light. I'm sure there are other parts, but those are the most critical right now. I've been looking online and cant find anything. Is there a good place to find parts for these things? 

hmm ok thanks for the help, i do enjoy the rust, gives it a lot of character! all i need to do it get it wired correctly. Apparently the owner broke the key in the ignition, bought a new side ignition and spliced it in. Now the voltage reg over heats and is melting the wires.

Hey there, I too have just bought a 1980 MV1600 (BRAT to you) here in England . They are EXTREMELY rare here as most rusted away years ago . I am looking for a few bits as well. I need a plastic 4 wheel drive badge for the tailgate and both chrome strips that run along the sides under the door. You are more likely to find stuff over there , but if I can help ? just give me a shout "MO"

Mk1HJU702V001_zpsf74ff65d.jpgMk1HJU702V002_zpsb74761da.jpg