Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is a beige over brown 88 GL wagon worth - Texas car.

No rust, four wheel drive,  interior nice, 87,000 miles on the odometer.  Manual transmission, brown cloth seats are perfect.

Missing exhaust.  Exterior has "patina" - very faded.  Car is in North Indiana.

Shifter boot torn and strangely takes up most of the space between the seats.  Do they still sell the shifter boots?

Are these good cars?  My usual motto is:  If there is no rust whatsoever, buy it.  Does this apply here?  How much is it worth?

Edited by imautoparts

it depends on what part of the country you are in, in the Northwest you could get around $1000 in described condition.

but in the rust belt you might get closer to $2000 because they are rarely in no rust condition.

without pictures it is really hard to gauge price

this is my opinion and does not represent actual sales data..

Edited by tractor pole

I have a brown 3door I found in Fort Wayne. Funny thing is i move away from there, and then the cleanest ea82's start showing up there. I would bet the car drove in from a rust free state. 

If there is no rust get it. I would get it myself if you passed it up. But i already have 5 soobs and no room for another one.

I recommend yo be mechanically inclined to own this car, because i would hate to see it go to junk over a broken axle or timing belt. these cars are easy to work on Good luck

If you can spin a spanner and read a DIY manual you'll find these machine's pretty easy to work on!

I know I've had fun with mine - it's not the same vehicle I originally purchased but I still love it and it's all subaru :D

Cheers

Bennie

my first car was a 81 glf fwd. it was awesome. so theres no argument there....without taking this thread down a path its not meant for, the car remains worthless to me without seeing it. 85k miles is worse imho sometimes due to the mathematical fact that that soob has sat for awhile. wheres the pics?