Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Help 95 Legacy low idle and vibration at 45+ mph...

Hello, I got a 95 legacy from my sister last year Since then I have replaced MAF sensor. and just yesterday had to replace the harmonic balancer (Crankshaft Pully) got loose and reamed out the inside of itself . I know that i have a hole in my exhaust . could that be the cause of my idle issues or should i also look elsewhere. and why does my car vibrate at 45+ mph

Most of the time a vibration at speed is because the tires are out of balance.

Low idle can be due to several reasons. Usually it's a vacuum leak. Check the small vacuum hoses that run around on the intake manifold for cracks and splits.

The old crank pully was wobbled but i replaced it with a new one it fine i could not get the crank sprocket off to change out the woodruff key ( cause i dont have a puller and did not want to damage anything so i used the old key the pulley went on nice and tight. i made sure that i put the timing belt on withe all the sprokets at center but the left side cam sprocket drifted about a 1/4 in off center but there was a lot of play on that side so I did not think that would matter. I also know that the spring inside the pcv valve does not seem to engage all the way.

Edited by duffymaddox