Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 RX Power Window Dead. Help!

Hello.

I just got an 88 RX, and someone did a tweeker chop job on the power window wiring inside the driver door, plus added an extra 3-way toggle switch. There is NO power getting into the door with key on, so I seek; 1) Fuse and Relay location, (all fuses in under dash fuse panel check good), and 2) a power window wiring diagram. Mucho thanks for any help !!!

under the carpet in the passenger side footwell, is a power spliter it sends power to the doors. check that first. it should be one red wire going to 2 red wires,4 if it were a wagon. the connection gets corroded after years of being under wet carpet/

Edited by AKghandi

Just got back to the RX after slammed with other work. Tore out the entire passenger side; carpet, kick panels, everything. NO single Red wire splitting into two red wires. Bummer. Also, still dont know where Fuse or Relay is located. Good news, the head job went smooth, but a long job, one that I don't wanna do ever again. Omg, the 20 or so Subi head jobs/rebuilds before seemed so simple compared to this one! lol. Soooo, still in search of Power to the Driver door. Tempted to just create my own, fused hot lead, and just be done with it. Frick'in frustrating why they made it so complicated, and hard to find info. Again, any help is very much appreciated.

Peace and Abundance...

Update. Found the broken hot lead in the door jam. Primary ground almost dead too, so will repair as well. Just got the wiring diagram, finally. Will undo the tweeker job. Got power to the driver door now. Wiring according to diagram, fingers crossed. Still would like to know fuse and relay location. Hoping you are on your way to a Rockin weekend ! Again, THANK YOU  !!!