Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Loyale Coolant temp sensor.. I may have done something dumb

In an unusual rush to order and get the lowest price I just ordered a Standard Motor parts TS183 as opposed to a TX96

I thought they were different company part # s but these are both Standard Motor Parts.

I hope I ordered the right one, I need the thing fast..

The car's start ups have been boggy for a long time but she runs like a dream once warmed...I've narrowed it down to coolant sensor  (i hope) from a past thread.

What's the difference in those two?  I think I'm going to hear something about temp ranges???

okay this I believe is the sensor I want to replace...this is the coolant sensor right?

Will the TX96 be right?

bear with me, I don't have it all together tonight

in the pic this is located just under what I believe is the thermostat housing...green connection leading to the nut insert...will TX96 work??

IMG_3865_zps2f7d257c.jpg

Edited by RXJ

Your difference in part numbers may just be the pigtail on the sensor. all 87 and later spfi have the green connector. 85 and a6 spfi will have a round black connector. Either way, one can be spliced to the other if you happen to get the wrong one.

make sure the one listed has a listing group of years such as 90-94 loyale or 87-94

Miles, I was hopeful and let the part stay on order...truth is, I didn't have faith that a return transaction was really going to get the $ back into my account..and the following day my account mysteriously was depleted by $150.00...I'm heading to the bank this morn to find out what that's all about and I shouldn't cast suspicions on an internet order....and I may eat crow...it'll go well with all the rabbits I'm seeing inn the front yard..

I digress:

it arrived....anybody need a TS183?...the diameter of threaded nut is too large for my Loyale.