Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1 1/2" EA82 Lift?

Hey, so I just got an '87 Wagon, and I'm thinking that it needs some lift... I'm thinking 1 1/2" lift, to take it easy on axles. Should I do 1 1/2" or just go to 2"? Has anybody done a 1 1/2" lift, if so can I see some pictures (of how you lifted it and the car once done).

Your opinions are appreciated,

Tom

Do a 2", but then install an Outback crossmember spacer and MT trans spacers to drop the suspension 1-1/4"

This will keep your axle angles good.

If you go straight 2", no drop on the crossmember, you will be running the axles at an extreme angle.  If you do this, you will want to unclip the small end of the inner CV boots, and slide them further up towards the joint.  Otherwise boots will rip from being stretched all the time.

• Like 1

Do a 2", but then install an Outback crossmember spacer and MT trans spacers to drop the suspension 1-1/4"

This will keep your axle angles good.

If you go straight 2", no drop on the crossmember, you will be running the axles at an extreme angle.  If you do this, you will want to unclip the small end of the inner CV boots, and slide them further up towards the joint.  Otherwise boots will rip from being stretched all the time.

you can use an outback xmember on an l series?

you can use an outback xmember on an l series?

No....not bolt on.

But the spaceing of the bolts at each rail is the same L series to EJ, so you can use the Fuji factory spacers from an outback on the L series crossmember. Applies to EA82 only, EA81 doesn't fit.

• Like 1