Ultimate Subaru Message Board

...but what about the "steelies"?

suprunner

Hi all,

I just bought a set of Peugeot Steel wheels. I do not have the lug nuts though. I have been searching everywhere, but cannot find the answer to my question. . . . Do the stock (I have steel rims...) subaru lug nuts work with the STEEL Peugeot wheels?  I see plenty of posts telling folks that they do not work with the alloys,....Yes, plenty of options for the alloys since they're being replicated by "4x4brat".

Again, what lugnuts are appropriate for the STEEL rims? Many times, i have been sent to this webpage: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/46773-official-alloy-pug-lug-nut-thread/

Someone actually asked about the steelies, but was ignored. HElp??

you just use your stock subaru lug nuts on a peugeot steel rim. the reason why you dont use the subaru lug nuts on the peugeot aluminum wheels is because the lug nuts have different seats. the peugeot aluminum wheels have a ball seat lug nut while a subaru has what is revered to as a acorn lug nut. basicly they have different angles so if you use the stock lug nut on the peugeot aluminum rim the lug nuts will start carving the holes out of the rim which can make the wheel fly off while driving.

Edited by turbosubarubrat

you just use your stock subaru lug nuts on a peugeot steel rim. the reason why you dont use the subaru lug nuts on the peugeot aluminum wheels is because the lug nuts have different seats. the peugeot aluminum wheels have a ball seat lug nut while a subaru has what is revered to as a acorn lug nut. basicly they have different angles so if you use the stock lug nut on the peugeot aluminum rim the lug nuts will start carving the holes out of the rim which can make the wheel fly off while driving.

Alright, Thanks!