Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 1994 legacy wagon with the ej 22 non-intercooled turbo motor that has about 230xxx. I am wondering if there is a website out there where i can buy cheap aftermarket internals and seals in one place. Also I am wondering if there is anyone in MN on here that could rebuild my motor.

Cheap internals will result in a cheap and probabbly less reliable engine. Since the majority of your $$ spent is going to be on labor, spending a few more dollars on quality parts makes sense if you intend to keep the car for any lenght of time, which given that you are doing a whole rebuild, I assume you are.

• Like 1

NPR racing rings are often recommended by people here who regularly rebuild these engines. Best quality and they won't break the bank.

Bearings I think most people get through Subaru. Some searching on google would turn up a few answers I'm sure.

Rings and Bearings are something you absolutely do not cheap out on with a turbo build, because of the extra stresses they endure.