Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a car.... Putting out the feelers Seattle area

So we just found out a friend of ours has been car-less for 5 years because her d-bag ex won't pay child support for his 3 kids. Anywhoo... I'm trying to throw something together and looking for a little help. Anyone who has a non-runner sitting around or something that just needs work and who would be willing to donate it or sell it dirt cheap would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to be footing the cost for this and my wife just lost her job (love this economy) so the cheaper the better. I know it's tough for everyone, so just seeing if anything is possible. We just couldn't believe it ourselves even though we usually only see her when we're out since she lives way north. Thanks in advance!

Really!? CL??? Never thought of that..... +1 for not cheap and most likely getting a snow job. I trust the members here because I've  done business with quite a few and never had any issues. I did this once before for another friend and picked up a decent XT and brought it back to life. (Twice now actually. Our daughter has it now) It's a great group and people help when they can. If it doesn't pan out, I'll keep looking.

Has nothing to do with highbrow. I said DIRT cheap or donated. Like $300 and needing work.I don't have a lot of spare income now that our household is do to one. And since you decided to open your mouth about it, I doubt there is anyone who doesn't know about or check CL first. To mention it would be a little insulting like, "Hey I know that sink fitting is leaking. Did you try and tighten it?"  or "Hey, I noticed your head on fire. Would you like me to put that out?" Pardon me for trying to do something nice for someone.

XT off Canton you say? Ummmmm.... Red perhaps? Or blue under a tarp? That would be my backyard and my daughters XT and my 87.5. lmao I had to do HG's and a few other things, and she's coming up with the money to register and insure the red one.

If this is going to turn into a bashing thread or more smarta** comments, then moderators just delete it as I don't need that kind of BS when I'm trying to help someone out. And a sincere thanks to the Legacy referral, but it's out of the range we can afford to do. I appreciate it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Um...if you're still out there...I have a 1991 Chevy lumina that runs okay but won't go into reverse. You can have it. Clean title. Otherwise it's going to the junkyard cuz I can't afford to fix it.

You can reach me at 206)335-4521 Laura