Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Miami Hatch

subyxx

I need a little of help since here in Florida there is no snow and hills I would like to lower the car but I clue less since the rear it only brings a shock the car is a 87 GL 2wd 1.6. And I know I would put a lift kit but here in Florida there is not need too ;)

For starters, VERY cool hatch!  It looks like you snagged a good one!

As far as lowering goes....how low?  Short of something fairly custom, the options are pretty limited.  The rear is easy, the fronts, not so much.

some on here have cut a coil or two out of the springs.  I have contacted Eibach and they can make custom springs for around $300 stiffer and lower if you want. I didn't ask if I could get them progressive rate though which would be nice if just cruising and stiffen when trying to be aggressive.

• Like 1

The lug convention was not easy I found a 88 wagon at the junk yard and I had to send to the machine shop to resurface the center and drill the holes at the end spend 300 :( but I was so desperate since I had those wheels sitting

The lug convention was not easy I found a 88 wagon at the junk yard and i took the drums and the spacer I had to send to the machine shop to resurface the center and drill the holes at the end spend 300 but I was so desperate since I had those wheels sitting

The lug convention was not easy I found a 88 wagon at the junk yard and i took the drums and the spacer I had to send to the machine shop to resurface the center and drill the holes at the end spend 300 but I was so desperate since I had those wheels sitting

Just so I understand, you had a 4-lug that was 4x140, right?  You then took the rotors and drums off of another 4x140 Subaru and then had them machined to accept a different 4-lug pattern?  Is that right?  If so, what is your new lug pattern?

• Like 1

Out of curiousity, that's $300 per spring, right? Are they fitted to stock type struts?

If that was directed at me that is $300 for the front (both sides)  on stock struts..2wd struts are a bit lower to begin with but raised mine back up some because of the 4wd springs which stiffened up my ride considerably.  

• 4 weeks later...