Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83 GL wagon Fuel pump/relay module operation

yes i have seen several threads wher people have talked about taking them apart and cleaning them.

search function will give you a good idea on your fuel system

the pumps are really simple and rarely fail it might just be clogged with gunk. if the pump isn't working with 12 volts going directly to it then try repairing it, you wont be any worse of then you are now

There are a couple ways to search, the built in function and through google. I think google works better, but you also have to try more than two sets of keywords. For example try fuel pump, low fuel pressure, pump

I know it can be frustrating, but there is info out there it may just be hard to find. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and try fixing it

Edited by mikaleda

Low pressure pumps can be had cheap all day long from any auto parts supplier.  Any ole pump that's puts out low pressure fuel will do.

Not worth it to try to fix an old one.

Agreed, buy a new pump, but why not keep your old pump and take it apart and see what happened. You may just end up being able to fix it and keep it as a back up.

Agreed, buy a new pump, but why not keep your old pump and take it apart and see what happened. You may just end up being able to fix it and keep it as a back up.

Becasue your wife/GF will complain that you smell like gasoline for the next 2 days

• Like 1