Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After having the engine rebuilt, the guy who done the work never hooked up the tranny cooler so the fluid leaked all out. i drove it maybe 10 miles before i noticed the tranny acting weird. i immediately fixed the line and refilled with correct tranny fluid but now it shifts hard into 2nd and when held to the wood, it wont shift at all, just slips at about 6,000 RPM. Screwed tranny?

I can't figure why he had it unhooked in the first place. There is plenty of room to pull these engines without taking the radiator out, especially with the automagic trans.

I'd take it back and make him put a new trans in it. But then, what else would he screw up?

If it ran out of fluid once, that's not as bad as slipping for days or weeks at a time. But it still doesn't help the lifespan of your clutches. I'm wondering if something electrical got left unhooked or loose.

Does the check engine light work during the bulb test?

Does the AT temp light work?

I would have him swap it out but being its my dd I can't really go without. I've checked all the electrical connections and they all seem to be in place and snug. All of the lights do work and none are up.

don't drive at 6,000 rpm's and you're okay?

Hah I usually don't but i do like to play a bit.