Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat bed hand rails

I have a set of the chrome hand rails that I would like to install on my "87 Brat, but I don't know the proper placement.  Can anyone direct me to either drawings or pictures of a Brat with the hand rails installed.  A number of years ago I saw a few pictures but I don't know whose Brat it was so I can't go the proper album.

Thanks,

RedBrat, Cottage Grove, OR

Bed rails were an aftermarket accessory, not factory so it's up to you where to put them. I love how they looked, but I personally wouldn't drill holes in any Brat that was in good shape. JMTC

The drilling holes issue is one that I do relate to.  That is one of the reasons that they have not been installled to this date but I have at this point decided to go ahead and install them.  the key is to do it properly.  That is why I am researching it prior to doing anything.

Yeah, they look sweet and IF I had a set and IF they sat around long enough..... I might just do it. lol I do have one Brat I would, but just because by the time I'm done bringing it back from a rust pile for off roading, it won't be worth much anyway. They would be super cool though.

• 9 years later...