Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a hard to find 4 gauge cluster for my 2005 Outback. Now i always have bat, oil pressure, tranny emp gauges. So I have a hole to fill. I am leaning towards a vac gauge for hole #4. I thought about an oil temp gauge, and would be a pita to install, and really have never sen oil temp being an issue unless the car overheated. I see no need for an A/F ratio gauge in a non-turbo car. I would love an inclometer but havent found one that would fit a 52mm hole.

So what would you put in there?

Hah! I was not sure what I was in for when I opened this thread.

I would say ammeter as well, see what that alternator is up to (or not up to). Oil temp could be neat, but helpful?

Maybe something AT related? Mount an anemometer?

BTW- Is this an A-pillar pod? I'm thinking pics will need to be shared, and soon. :)

Oh no my dear friend (oh wait thats what politician say when they hate someones guts)....

This mounts on the dash, center, over the cubby.i loooked at a pillars but almost impossible to find for Legacies at a sane price and wasnt sure how they would play with the side airbags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Legacy-BL5-BP5-2005-2009-Four-Gauge-Pod-/251306739763#vi-content

Edited by nipper

I know TOONGA mentioned a mechanical water temp gauge (jokingly?) but how about an electrical coolant temp gauge? Isn't the one on the dash "buffered" by the ECU to pretty much point at the center unless the car is grossly overheating? It might be interesting to see what your actual coolant temp is. (Then again, you probably still have a scan gauge for that.) Just a thought. 

Most factory gauges are buffered in the center. When electric cooling fans first came out, the old style temp gauges were too sensetive. Customers would complain about the wide swings of the temp gauge when the electric fans came on and off thinking something was wrong (wide in comparision to the relativly constant readings of a mechanical fan). And yes i have a scan gauge, that i need to find and see if it still works. I forget if it was in Blu when he drowned from Sandy or in my house.