Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Exhaust for 93 4wd Loyale.

Hello,

I am new to this site.  I have a 93 4WD Subaru Loyale.  Needs a new exhaust.  Multiple holes. Anyways I am slowly working on it to be a sleeper.  I want a exhaust with a turbo muffler.  Just looking for suggestions, anything helps.  Thanks.

An aftermarket muffler can be bought anywhere.  There is nothing special about Subaru mufflers, other than power loss from the small diameter exhaust system.  A 2 1/2" diameter system coming off of the first cathodic downpipe, that eliminates the 2nd cathodic gismo, will give you better power.

An aftermarket muffler can be bought anywhere.  There is nothing special about Subaru mufflers, other than power loss from the small diameter exhaust system.  A 2 1/2" diameter system coming off of the first cathodic downpipe, that eliminates the 2nd cathodic gismo, will give you better power.

Yeah I know that Subaru's are not special pertaining to their mufflers.  I am just curious of exhaust suggestions. 

So, are you saying that your 93 has an MPFI/Turbo motor in it?

That's exactly what I am saying.  I did not know this when I bought it.  I bought it from the second owner.

The cheapest route would be to locate the same exhaust in an acceptable condition at a U-Pull-It.

The non-cheapest route would be to purchase pipe at the desired diameter and have it bent.

-That is, unless you've a buddy with a bender that'll work for six-packs ; )

(Pipe is cheap, bending is not)

In terms of a muffler, you'll most likely be happy with anything if it's from a good, trusted brand.

Characteristics to consider - Price, Size, Throaty or not, loud?

Perhaps consult a local Subie shop - I'm sure there's some in Colorado - ask them to chime in.

Good contacts can often be met with little work.