Ultimate Subaru Message Board

COMING SOON DUAL AND SINGLE PORT EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS!

sube101

this coming weekend is the weekend i will be designing the equal length headers for 2.2 and 2.5 dual ports. i will be using the 4-2-1 method. i will offer them in mild steel and in stainless steel. the single ports i will be working on later in next week. and will be available in 2 different sizes and three different material types, mild steel, aluminized steel, and stainless steel.

feed back and ideas welcome.

Cool! this will be a great alternative to the UEL headers!

I love the way that the header that I bought from you sounds, fits and looks.

the only thing I wish I could change about the UEL header is the ability to use the factory skidplate. (i know that is just the way it is) but I am still 100% happy with it.

no plan on ea81 and ea82 headers until i can find enough demand for them. but i can see it happening at some point down the road.

factory skid plate... i would have tried to make that work if the original cars i had used still had them. but for these headers i will see if i can get them to fit with the factory skid plate. i had a design in mind but i know it wont work with a skid plate. so ill look into another design.

dual exhaust header with an X pipe thats the first time any one has asked for that. i can look into that as well after i get finished with two equal length header.

yeah im still working on finding a good shop to buy. so some things i have to pass and some things i have to do in a short amount of time. i would say around 10 buyers would make it worth it to prototype and everything. an estimate for a header for those older cars would still be close to the single port header price.

Yes we are!  I do have a budget and cannot stray too far away from it . On the up side my wife told me if I get rid of a few cars and a truck I can put all the 

proceeds into my project.. I am not concerned about how much it costs me since I have zero intentions of ever selling it.

it would help yes,  just need 5 definitive sales. and i know it wont be much cheaper then my current single ports.

on another not i apologize for not having the equal length headers done yet. things have gotten pretty hectic at the shop. i have the cars rescheduled soon though

• 1 month later...

So, why haven't the prices gone down with more sales?

It seems that if the engineering is paid for, the rest of it would be for the community.

Just saying.

There are 3 joints in the main pieces alone. Your pieces are demanding a fit and finish price. This is not a fit and finish product.

Just because people can't do for themselves, Does not mean that they deserve to be taken. I am pretty sure you can buy every piece you welded together. Maybe not the flange.

That is all.....

updates yes. dual ports i have gone through a few design changes i have not lke the outcome yet. the single ports i am hoping to have done this weekend. i have found a design that works and  fnd that it sounds good but there are a few minor tweaks to get her right. thank you all for being patient.