Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Gen Caravan to WCSS?

Ok folks here is the tentative plan for our Subie Caravan and this is a draft draft so if you see something that you don't like or would like to change feel free to speak up. Don't just stomp out and quit.  My goal is to accommodate as many folks as we can get.  But as you can guess coordinating with folks as far away as PA isn't easy. They will have driven a long distance and probably be tired. And folks from Eastern Washington and Idaho are going to have to get up early too.

COMMUNICATION:  Cell phones for long distance. If you are in Ellensberg and running 20 mins late because your radiator hose broke, call me and we will wait for you.  ON THE ROUTE: FRS radios. If you are not familiar with these, they are similar to walkie talkies but with a 2 mile range. No license required, no monthly minute plan. A pair can be had for about $25.  I am willing to loan some but if you can afford it I ask you to buy a pair. The link below is a good source:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004RG0YMM/ref=sr_1_8_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375735183&sr=1-8&condition=new

RENDEZVOUS: Tacoma Mall parking lot between 12:30 and 1:30 pm  Friday Sept 6.  Meet across from the Krispy Kreme in the Sear parking lot.  I figure this will give us time to meet each other while waiting for others to arrive. I will have FREE FOOD - doesn't get any better than that.   Longview is about 1.5 hours away. 

Directions to the Tacoma Mall

Southbound I-5: Take exit 133 onto S  38 st. Turn left at the first intersection ont Tacoma Mall Blvd. and keeping going straight until you see Krispy kreme, about .75 mile on your right.  You will see us with a big Subaru Flag just beyond.

dir_i5_sb.jpg

Northbound I-5: Take exit 130 for S 56th St toward Tacoma Mall Blvd. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Tacoma Mall Blvd and merge onto S 56th St. Turn right onto Tacoma Mall Blvd. Keep going about

dir_I5_nb.jpg

ROUTE: Tacoma Mall to Longview/WCSS site. Time about 1.5 hours. Arrive at WCSS around 3PM.

Nothing here is set in stone. If everyone agrees we can move the schedule up, leaving the Mall earlier or move it back leaving later. Now go ahead and poke holes in my battle plan. I will only cry for a little while - LOL.

Edited by MR_Loyale

Tag in an Idaho Rep. I'll be leaving as soon as I can to make it there. Your plan of attack sounds good to me.

I had a pair of those radios, but the speaker crapped out on one and the other disappeared. Never buy Cobras. They suck.

I'll see if I can snag one or two for cheap before I head over. Otherwise I have some massive hand held CB's that take a gawd awful amount of AA's to bring with me :P

Twitch

PS: If you're looking for less expensive radios:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009KWUM2U/ref=sr_1_15_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375809675&sr=1-15&keywords=frs+radio&condition=new

Kinda hard to argue with $16

Edited by Twitch de la Brat

Tag in an Idaho Rep. I'll be leaving as soon as I can to make it there. Your plan of attack sounds good to me.

I had a pair of those radios, but the speaker crapped out on one and the other disappeared. Never buy Cobras. They suck.

I'll see if I can snag one or two for cheap before I head over. Otherwise I have some massive hand held CB's that take a gawd awful amount of AA's to bring with me :P

Twitch

PS: If you're looking for less expensive radios:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009KWUM2U/ref=sr_1_15_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375809675&sr=1-15&keywords=frs+radio&condition=new

Kinda hard to argue with $16

Good find on the FRS radios. Be sure to bring Frankensubie with you.

I'm really wanting to caravan with the guys heading south... I'm live in hilltop in tacoma and also have friend that ownes a loyal and definetly wants to make it... hit me up and let me know where to meet up... ill be there.

Actually Marcus it was your excellent suggestion on the Tacoma Mall. I am hoping I can count on you to help for any setup activities we may need to do at the Mall lot.  I want to scout an area in the lot where it is fairly open so as folks pull up to join, they can park and we can talk. I am thinking once everyone has arrived, grabbed some grub we will then depart. Are you on board with that idea?

Just to make sure, this isn't in the "bad" part of Tacoma, right?

Because I really don't feel like showing up the WCSS sporting some new bullet holes, in me, or the car.

Twitch

Then you should probably stay home, because no place is really safe.

Y'all should meet by Krispy Kream at the Mall.

• Like 1

Then you should probably stay home, because no place is really safe.

Y'all should meet by Krispy Kream at the Mall.

I was thinking Krispy as well. For those that don't know it is in front of Sears and as close to I-5 as you can get plus the added benefit that most people that are shopping are on the other end of the parking lot so there should be plenty of room at that hour.

Twitch no worries about the bad areas those are more residential and if you get that far you screwed up with your directions  :lol:

Just to make sure, this isn't in the "bad" part of Tacoma, right?

Because I really don't feel like showing up the WCSS sporting some new bullet holes, in me, or the car.

Twitch

You will be fine. It is right off I-5. Watch this thread for more info.

Edited by MR_Loyale

I was thinking Krispy as well. For those that don't know it is in front of Sears and as close to I-5 as you can get plus the added benefit that most people that are shopping are on the other end of the parking lot so there should be plenty of room at that hour.

Twitch no worries about the bad areas those are more residential and if you get that far you screwed up with your directions  :lol:

That sounds like a perfect place.  Doughnuts......................

homer-donuts.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

That was INSIDE the mall. We will be outside. We will hear the commotion and see the bloodied people running out long before the angry punk with a gun gets near us. Plenty of time to make a quick exit. Besides no on eactually died in that 2005 shooting.

I suspect if one can survive the massacre in Moscow ID, one can survive anything.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18766089/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/idaho-police-officer-injured-shooting-dies/

Edited by MR_Loyale

Stop at Superior Imports (Richie and his dad) and have Russ do a quicky on it  :P

http://www.fixmysuby.com/

How is he with bullet holes? :lol:  Does he give an Old Gen discount? 

Of course now the prankster in me wants to get a bunch of those bullet hole stickers and have everyone put them on their cars. Ok, I'm done now.

Edited by MR_Loyale